+ Underserved communities
Many communities across America lack the necessary mental health resources to serve their patient populations. 1Docway makes specialized and personalized mental health services accessible to these communities by connecting patients to licensed professionals via telepsychiatry services.
In summary, 1DocWay’s telepsychiatry services:
- Increase access to psychiatric services available at a community facility
- Improve community health and wellness, addressing mental health co-morbidities
- Improve the overall patient’s quality of life
+ Emergency departments
Emergency rooms often are not staffed to treat patients presenting with mental illnesses. Moreover, boarding psychiatric patients can exacerbate conditions, stress out staff, result in misdiagnoses, and be costly to hospitals and patients. Hospitals and providers can suffer over $300,000 in losses each year due to nurse utilization and patient boarding costs.
1DocWay can help improve the treatment of psychiatric crises by:
- Improving timeliness of psychiatric assessments and diagnosis
- Supporting ED staff with qualified mental health professionals
- Facilitating triage and placement for patients who need admission elsewhere
+ Accountable care organizations (ACOs)
1DocWay’s telepsychiatry services offer accountable care organizations (ACOs) a low cost, easy-to-implement solution to better monitor patients once released from the hospital.
By connecting doctors and patients, 1DocWay can help:
- Doctors and patients be more proactive in the recovery process once a patient is released
- Ensure patient compliance
- Reduce depression and improve health and wellness outcomes
With 1DocWay, a hospital can treat patients throughout a much larger geographical area, providing care to underserved populations in desperate need. As a result, strong relationships between a hospital and its surrounding communities are built. These relationships allow hospitals to improve the disease state and wellness in surrounding rural areas.
1DocWay can help hospitals expand their access/outreach to various populations by:
- Identifying rural care facilities in a hospital’s extended community
- Determining what services are needed and at what volume
- Arranging weekly times for telemedicine sessions based upon hospital capacity and community need
+ Nursing homes
Providing the necessary behavioral health care for nursing home populations presents an enormous challenge. Often times the staff is unequipped to deal with the complexities presented by mental health disease, and as a result patients receive improper care. In many cases patients receive inappropriate medications and disease states worsen. As a result, the overall wellness of the community suffers.
1Docway’s telepsychiatry platform provides key benefits to nursing homes including:
- Decrease number of residents unnecessarily on psychotropic medications
- Improve patient quality of life and PHQ-9 scores, decreasing ED visits and hospitalizations
- Improve overall health and community wellness by addressing co-morbidity driven by mental illness
+ Correctional facilities
Of the 1.25 million prisoners with mental illnesses, only 1 in 3 state prisoners and 1 in 6 jail inmates are receiving treatment. 1DocWay expands access to behavioral health services to prisoners by treating every psychiatric sub-specialty, including:
- Adolescent and Geriatrics
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
Through telepsychiatry, inmates can receive greater provider consistency and can see doctors at pre-arranged times or on call. And by making behavioral health services accessible to inmates on-site, correctional facilities reduce the need for transportation of prisoners to other sites or doctors to prisons.